Registered Nurse (RN) - Southern Arizona
Help a disadvantaged, minority community in need.
You will work in the Emergency Room, under the direction of the Director of Nursing, to provide care to patients presenting for emergency services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently, performing professional nursing care duties of emergent/ urgently/acutely ill and injured patients in an emergency care setting.
- Develop plans to provide direct care to clients that include the assessment and evaluation applicable to emergent care.
- Interview patient's family members, and, consult with attending physicians (when time permits), and ER physicians to determine and evaluate appropriate/quality care for patients in life threatening situations.
- Review and interpret findings to distinguish between normal and abnormal conditions, during patient screening/triage.
- Interpret data obtained from observations, examinations, monitored findings and lab values. Discriminate between normal and abnormal findings and provide appropriate care interventions as established by licensure, standards of practice and clinic policy as related to emergency care.
- Administer prescribed oral medications, hypodermic injections, Intravenous (IV) fluid, blood transfusions and oxygen therapy.
- Perform intravenous cannula insertion for IV therapy and venipuncture for blood draws.
- Carry out emergent procedures and treatments as ordered/required; administer medication; observe and document patient's conditions, changes, and reactions and results to medications and medical treatment.
- When assigned and as requested, provide guidance, direction and training to other nursing personnel, EMTs, IEMTs, and Paramedics.
- Maintain health records by documenting observations, interventions and therapeutic measures administered in the Electronic Health Record or required patient care forms.
- Provide counseling and teaching of discharge instructions to patients and families or surrogates on preventive, curative and rehabilitative measures involved in health care.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of standards of care and audit procedures required.
- Maintain professional knowledge and proficiency in nursing through applicable certification, continuing education, staff meetings, workshops and serving on committees.
- Maintain professional knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks; participating in professional societies; conferring with representatives of contracting agencies and related organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program.
- Valid, unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing (or issued by another state recognized by the Arizona Board of Nursing as a multi-compact license state) with no current, pending, or prior disciplinary action on nursing license.
- One-year experience in emergency room or critical care nursing is required.
Licenses, Certifications, Special Requirements:
- Must have current certification in Healthcare Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required upon hire.
- Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) and Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification is preferred upon hire, if not certified, must obtain certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must have a current immunization statement to include, proof of a non-reactive tuberculosis skin test within the last year, proof of immunity for hepatitis B (Documentation of immunization does not prove immunity, only a titer with a positive result is proof), within three months of hire.
- Upon recommendation for hire, a criminal background and fingerprint check is required to determine suitability for hire.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver's license (no DUIs or major traffic citations within the last, three years).
- Must submit a 39-month driving record with the employment application.
- Excellent benefits
- Transportation available
For more information, contact Rene Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.