As a talented and dedicated Operating Room Nurse, Surgical Services Nurse, your career is very valuable to people and with your special Operating Room (OR) and Surgical Services nursing skill set, you can make a difference. We are seeking Operating Room Nurses (OR), Surgical Services nurses for acute care hospitals nationwide.
Responsibilities of the RN - Registered Nurse - Operating Room and Surgical Services
- Assist physicians and medical staff in caring for surgical patients
- Provide pre- and post-surgery care and education to the patient.
- Circulating Operating Room (OR) Nurses work within the operating suite but outside of the sterile field
- Scrub Operating Room (OR) Nurses handle and prepare operating instruments and equipment within the sterile field.
- Surgery responsibilities may include preparing instruments for specific surgical procedures, monitoring and observing the patient during surgery, and responding to potential complications alongside the physician
- Handle any special need in the Surgical Services, Operating Room and Perioperative Services area
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current and Valid RN license
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) required
- BSN strongly preferred
- 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- 2 years of current experience working in Operating Room
- Ability to administer all proper clinical care of patient
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care