Be part of the solution as we modernize our team and our processes. Is now the time to leave the GTA and move to London?
NEW OPPORTUNITY - Registered Nurse - Leader - Paramed - London
ABOUT LONDON: https://www.ledc.com/living-london - In London, you’ll enjoy all the benefits of living in a big city without the cost. Offering one of the most competitive housing markets in Canada, the average sale price for a home in London is $416,644 (2019 - LSTAR), while apartment rentals average at $1,000 per month.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE: In this key long-term position you will manage a team of 30 to 40 RN’s, RPN’s/ LPN’s and/or Unregulated Care Providers (UCP’s) who are caring for clients within the community. You will enable a well-organized, smooth running and efficient home health care service. Your primary focus will be to assess, implement and evaluate a wide range of clinical care interventions to ensure the delivery of safe, quality and ethical care. Paramed helps people stay in their homes for as long as possible while retaining their health, independence and dignity. Your work on our London team will directly result in a better quality of life for hundreds of people, many of whom may be related to your neighbours, friends and family. Your work will help Paramed to:
Optimize e.g. schedule more time with patients
Standardize e.g. introduce best practices
Organize e.g. update digital records and patient information
- Works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of government agencies, healthcare workers, and other community resources
- Participates in the coaching, training, ongoing supervision and performance management of Nurses and UCP’s
- Conducts supervisory meetings with staff in a variety of possible settings wherever care is provided
- Generate reports and responds to findings in written format involving relevant stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains appropriate professional boundaries with clients and the health care team, including the distinction between social interaction and therapeutic relationships
- Champions corporate policy as part of problem solving with staff
- Participates in necessary care conferences with Health Care team
- Responds to and resolves escalated concerns from staff, public and private funders, clients and families
- Maintains the knowledge, skills and attitudes to act as a resource to nurses
- Stays abreast of changes in practice setting that affect scope of practice
- Effectively conveys corporate policy changes to staff
- Leads and participates in departmental meetings providing clear communication
- Shows respect for cultural needs, dignity, privacy and confidentiality of staff and clients
- Ensures compliance to ParaMed policies, procedures and legal requirements for themselves and all staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Canadian Registered Nurse (RN) Registration in good standing with provincial regulatory college (REQUIRED)
- Minimum of three to five years Supervisory experience is required
- Preferably has a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience as a practicing Registered Nurse in a community setting
- C.N.A. certification as a Community Health Nurse is an asset
- BScN is an asset
- Working knowledge of applicable legislation including but not limited to Mental Health Act, Substitute Decisions Act, Healthcare Consent Act, Privacy / Personal Health Information Act and others
- Knowledge of standards of care for palliative, wound care, intravenous therapy, oncology and other specialties that are required by the district
- Competent in best practices standards for community health care and service
- Demonstrates competency in all home health nursing competencies
- Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with clients and families
- Competent in client centered care principles and practices
- Exceptional in critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated flexibility in hours worked in order to accommodate operational needs
- Knowledge of applicable community resources available for clients and families
- Possesses a valid drivers license and vehicle
- Demonstrates commitment to professional development thru involvement in committees, memberships and associations relevant to home health care
- Excellent computer skills including experience in Word and Excel are required
HOURS - Primarily Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm with one week out of 12 on call rotation with lieu day provided.
Click here to apply online
LOCATION - London - 148 Fullarton St, London, ON N6A 5P3
SALARY - $60,000 to $67,000 based on experience, plus benefits.
Since 1974, ParaMed Home Health Care has been caring for people in their homes, offering a full range of home health care services including personal care, homemaking, therapy and nursing services. But beyond the medical and personal support, ParaMed offers more to our clients by not just considering their condition but their character. Our ability to successfully match caregivers with clients has allowed us to grow into the largest home care team in Canada. With over 10,000 staff members and 75,000 clients, we ensure our clients receive a familiar face and dignified care.
CONTACT: Jeff Richmond email@example.com 1-866-222-6400
For additional information please go to: https://www.nafor.com/paramed.html
Please apply using the links on this page or directly at www.nafor.com/jobs
Paramed encourages applications from all qualified applicants and is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Jeff Richmond at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-238-6400.