Registered Nurse - Cardiac Medical Surgical (Med/Surg)
As a talented and dedicated Cardiac Medical Surgical Nurse, your career is very valuable to people and with your special Med/Surg nursing skill set, you can make a difference. We are seeking Med/Surg nurses for acute care hospitals nationwide.
Responsibilities of the RN - Registered Nurse – Med/Surg
- Provide professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.
- Promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Provide guidance and directions to the nursing assistants in the unit.
- Provide adequate care to patients.
- Support the healthcare team.
- Ensure that life support equipment function properly.
- Observe patient’s vital signs.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current and Valid RN license
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) required
- BSN strongly preferred
- BLS Required
- ACLS Preferred
- PALS Preferred
- IV Insertion Required
- 2 years of current experience working in an acute care hospital
- 1 year of current experience working in a Cardiac Medical Surgical unit
- Ability to administer all proper clinical care of the patient
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care