We are currently searching for Registered Nurses in the Behavioral Health/Psychiatric Team. You will be under the supervision of the Director of Nursing/Supervisor. The Behavioral Health/ Psychiatric Nurse (RN) will be responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. This role is responsible for directing all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
Responsibilities of the - Registered Nurse – Behavioral Health/Psychiatric
- Provide professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards.
- Promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Provide guidance and directions to the nursing assistants on the unit.
- Provide adequate care to patients.
- Support the healthcare team.
- Ensure that life support equipment function properly.
- Observe the patient's vital signs.
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care No nursing home experience will be considered.
RN - Registered Nurse – Education
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current and Valid RN license
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) required
- BSN required within 24 months of hire into position
RN - Registered Nurse – Certifications
- BLS Required
- CPI certification within 3 months of hire
- PALS for adolescent unit perferred
- Ability to care for Behavioral Health age specific patients
- ACLS preferred
RN - Registered Nurse – Experience
- 2 year of current experience working in an acute care hospital
- 1 year of experience working in a Medical Surgical unit
- Ability to administer all proper clinical care of the patient
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
- No nursing home experience will be considered.