Position will be home-based in PA, NJ, NY, New England
Our client is considered by industry insiders as a Best-In-Class Distribution organization selling high-end Millwork to Retailers across US. They are the best because they hire only the best, the top professionals in the LBM industry who lead and deliver results. The person we have been retained to find is a thought leader, that talented thought provoker, someone with “Strive DNA,” someone who has an uncanny sense of finance, sales and service; a true businessman. This leader will be someone who can build a strategy, create a team to dig in and leads in the execution of that strategy. To be considered, you must demonstrate a history of successes and quantifiable results that show your results. Directly from the President of the company: "I want experience, success and a proven track record of both, with a desire to exceed all expectations, while being an exceptional person. I want involvement, coaching, tracking, goal setting, organization and strong negotiation and people skills. I'm looking for someone who has the runway to do my job. This is a highly important role so I’m 100% invested to make it work for someone I believe in and has my passion for this company and our people." Words used to describe this person: "Doer" Thought leader, Innovator, Challenger, Motivator and coach.
- Report to the President to assist and lead specific operational and sales initiatives to accelerate progress against the business development, profit improvement and growth strategy
- Act as a thought partner to provide input and direction on key strategic decisions
- Develop and lead key operational and sales initiatives that drive long-term growth and profitability for the Company
- Spearhead the implementation of new growth initiatives and processes using multi-dimensional thinking
- Partner with the President and staff to accelerate progress on operational sales initiatives
- Collaborate with the President to establish short term and long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies
- Create alignment throughout the region that supports synergy while reaching goals
- Provide leadership for people development, succession planning and recruitment of key talent
- Leadership support of the overall corporate process
- 5+ years of experience in any combination of manufacturing, or business development with a specific focus on building materials, specifically millwork; doors, windows and trim.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills with particular strengths in the areas of financial modeling, sales & operations as well as manage complex projects from concept through completion. You will be able to read, understand and present the P&L of your region in monthly leadership meetings.
- Consistent track record of setting high goals and achieving them.
- An effective communicator who can drive and direct his sales team to reach and exceed goals.
- Someone who is scalable.
- Proven ability to work effectively across diverse organizations, cultures and background.
- Strategic thinker with strong financial, analytical and forecasting skills.
- Problem solver with a strong bias for action to deliver results; a skilled negotiator.
- Broad business acumen in manufacturing, distribution and/or construction operations to include sales, marketing, multi-unit operations, finance, purchasing, information technology.
- A numbers person who understands the importance of profitable sales and deliveries (cost to service).
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Comfort operating in ambiguous environments.
- Ability to relate to all levels of people from C-level executives to line workers.
- Strong coaching, mentoring and team building skills; a leader/supporter/team-player as the situation warrants.
- Strong organizing and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
- A confident yet grounded leader with the ability to plan, lead and manage change.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, finance, or other technical field required.
- MBA degree strongly preferred, equivalent work experience considered.
- Travel approximately 50-75%.
- Must be relocatable within the Northeast.
- BS with Masters a big plus.
This position offers:
- A highly competitive base salary plus up to 50% bonus potential, equity and YE bonuses for reaching corporate KPIs.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs.
- Group retirement savings program.
- Health and wellness programs.
- Potential for growth within the organization.
SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nationwide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.
You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm."
Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact us directly at 603.621.9037.