Regional Sales Manager Reporting to the VP of Sales of one of the largest, fastest growing, and most respected transportation service providers that has been in business for over 100 years.
Regional Sales Manager will develop relationships with potential customers, onboard new business, manage existing accounts, and strategically grow accounts as their customers' strategic business partner. Will manage a lead prospecting pipeline and maintain accurate information about prospects and their companies. Will identify prospective customers using business directories, following leads from existing customers and through internal lead development sources. The Regional Sales Manager will build a book of business by leveraging market insights to strategically target customers across all industry verticals, researching prospective customers' industries, preparing value propositions as needed, and conduct cold calls. Responsible for ensuring account growth and development through strategic decision making while upholding the organization’s level of service. The challenge is to increase revenues and maximize profitability.
Reporting to the President for a regional transportation provider.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Sales and business development in 3PL environment (5+ years)
- Account management experience
- Modes of Transportation (i.e. Dry Van, Reefer, Flatbed, LTL)
- Strong Selling Skills
- Strong Negotiation Ability (Carrier, Customer, Margin Integrity)
- Develop and execute business plan strategies
- Computer literate (Microsoft Suite: Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Residence: Mid-West, Southeast, Mid-Atlantic
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Education: College Graduate - BA or BS
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- High energy with a sense of urgency
- Ability to multitask
- Team player
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Leader: Jarod Campbell
330.664.9400, ext.133Click here to apply online