Regional Sales Manager - Seed
We have been engaged to assist an established agribusiness retailer to hire a Sales Agronomist with a focus on the FORAGE SEED side of things.With dealers across Western Canada, they require someone to assume accountability to implement and support sales and sales programs and margin objectives! You would provide sales support to both customers and the retail network - aiding in the technical position of their seed portfolio within the geography that the position is located. You will be given a base list of dealers - your role will include regularly expanding this base through methods you have found to be successful while adhering to the client's ethics and standards. Management is committed to supporting you as required to ensure your success.
As you work alongside the dealers and growers, you will be their agronomic consultant, ensuring they maximize their yield potentials and seed quality; working with the warehouse team to ensure products are blended, packaged, and shipped on time and to customer specifications. Your agronomic knowledge will be called upon ensure the best possible recommendation.
What will you do?
To be considered:
- Develop, implement, and manage territory sales strategies
- Achieve sales and margin targets
- Manage the customer base and successfully implement customer programs
- Assist in the development of sales, operations, and capital budgets
- Investigate and evaluate product complaints including cost analysis and recommended action(s)
- Create and build positive relationships within the industry that impact and influence the success of the product portfolio
- You will demonstrate a highly motivated, self-starting, personality combined with strong interpersonal skills and basic computer knowledge.
- A minimum of three (3) years' experience in Canadian agribusiness with a strong background in agronomy; post-secondary education or applicable certification in agriculture is preferred.
- You must have a deep interest in and extensive experience with forage seed
- Interest in recommending forage species, seed rates, crop nutrients/protection
- A business acumen
- A valid driver's license is required as there will be regular local travel, plus a valid passport will be required for occasional travel within Canada and the US.
- Reclamation seed experience an asset
- A Canadian Social Insurance Number
Our client is committed to the long-term development of your career in the field of agriculture and will give you the opportunity to grow your understanding of all aspects of their industry. They offer competitive compensation and a benefits package to qualified candidates who share their vision for company growth.
This full-time position is based in Alberta or Northwest Saskatchewan - full details regarding the client, location, remuneration package, etc. will be shared with those who meet the requirements outlined. Please clearly indicate your preferred geographic location and if you are open to considering relocation (for the right opportunity) in your application.
To apply for this position click 'apply' and follow the self-serve application process. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. APPLY NOW! Or contact Blair @ 1.844.778.1031 to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
Click here to apply online