Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Corporate has an exciting new opportunity for a Regional Manager, Finance / Controller. Reporting to the CFO and the Vice President of Operations, the successful incumbent will be responsible for Reporting, Budgeting, Managing risk and overseeing cash activities and compliance initiatives. They will assist with creating policies and procedures for the division and liaise with auditors and the corporate office. The Regional Manager, Finance / Controller will provide leadership and technical financial counsel to the business units while ensuring that adherence to all regulations and guidelines.
Cash and Risk Management
- Manage on-going cash activities for maximum efficiency.
- Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast
- Review vendor and customer contracts and solicit corporate legal advice as required.
- Ensure adherence to financial regulations and guidelines.
Accounting and Financial Controls
- Oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes and the development of the accounting team with the goal to achieve best practices and optimal output.
- Develop and oversee the internal review function to ensure that finance and operations controls comply with all Magellan’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure financial integrity of the business unit.
- Responsible for all financial management reporting for the business unit to local management team as well as to corporate office.
- Present monthly and year-to-date financial reporting packages with relevant results analysis.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis for local management team, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Lead the annual budget plan development and process for business unit.
- Provide on-going financial modeling and analysis expertise to management team as needed.
- Lead the 12 month financial modeling and analysis to support the development of long-term initiatives and business plans
- Drive the establishment, implementation, and monitoring of appropriate internal controls, policies and procedures for the divisions in scope
- Liase with external auditors and oversee audit process.
Human Capital Management
- Provide Financial support service and expertise for divisional operation.
- Manage the divisional Finance staff by providing technical financial advice and knowledge.
- Ensure that the finance team delivers the highest standard of cross-departmental teamwork
- Accounting Degree or equivalent
- 10 years of experience in Finance and Accounting
- Technical and functional expertise
- Relationship management
- Problem solving
- Risk management
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)