Our client is a division of a global ag manufacturer and distributor dedicated to specialty chemicals, crop inputs, and other chemical businesses. Their agricultural product categories- including proprietary products- encompass crop nutritionals (micronutrients), specialty fertilizers (controlled release and efficiency-enhanced), bioscience, adjuvants, seed treatments, value-added pesticides, and precision ag services. They occupy a market position as the leader and solution provider for crop production and protection based on people, product and knowledge.
A large, stable and growing company in the agro/agribusiness economy, they hold a leadership position in the US and in many parts of the world. Their brand recognition, family culture, diverse product categories with distinguished products and technologies and the science and resources behind them, give them a dominant position in the marketplace. They continue to focus on growth initiatives in Canada, Mexico, and Central and South America.
They seek an experienced Canadian Regional Manager to plan, organize, supervise and provide leadership to achieve short-range and long-range business development objectives related to commercially branded products as they relate to overall company strategy.
This position will operate from a home-based office in Eastern Canada. The initial focus of the role will be to further support existing business in Eastern Canada, with the objective of future business expansion into Western Canada.
In this key position, your key areas of impact will include:
- Working with the Division General Manager in establishing sales and profit goals and strategies to achieve year-over-year growth for the Canadian business. P&L responsibility and reporting. Market analysis, forecasting and competitive assessment.
- Channel management and sales and business support and coaching of distributors, planning and promoting the sale of proprietary products/services, operating within budget on pricing, sales strategy, market development, product promotion, training, volume increases and expenses.
- Team management, training and guiding product managers for field trials, providing guidance to head office for inventory, fulfillment, logistics, and regulatory development as required for new product introductions.
- Business development, developing sales promotion programs and innovative ideas geared to increasing sales and profits on proprietary products, including providing input for required marketing collateral materials and activities, and product validation through trials with researchers and distributors.
- Attend and present at industry events, customer events and company meetings for knowledge updates, networking, technical training, and management reporting.
Success-focused selection criteria include:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or a related field and a minimum of 8 years of progressive, advanced experience in the agri-chemical or plant nutrition/fertilizer business
- Experience with multinational companies is preferred
- Bilingual (English/French) language skills are preferred but not a strict requirement
- Entrepreneurship, accountability, a sense of ownership
- A proactive approach, decisiveness, strong organization skills
- Excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills
- Strong business and sales skills
- Solid knowledge base in the science and business of Canadian plant nutrition and/or crop protection
This is an immediate opportunity, and further offers a competitive salary, attractive performance-based incentive program, benefits, travel, and expense coverage, and it can lead to further opportunities for personal and professional growth and development domestically or internationally.
If you are looking for an opportunity to have input into how a company approaches the marketplace and to make a significant impact on a company’s success, then this position is for you!
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally might like more information on, contact Mike Bachner at 1-866-519-2793. All correspondence is confidential. Applicants must be fully entitled to work in Canada to be considered.
Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
While we appreciate all those applying, due to the number of applications, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted for further discussion.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online