The Regional Credit Officer assists regional Relationship Managers in review, structuring, underwriting and approval of loan requests within the bank's lending policies and procedures; to ensure that the bank's commercial loan portfolio complies with policy, laws, and regulations.Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Assists regional Relationship Managers in client interviews, credit discussions and structuring.
- Works with Credit Analysts with the review and concurrence on credit approval memos from the region.
- Approves credits within the established loan authorities.
- Participates in Credit Committee, Executive Committee and outside approvals.
- Assists the Chief Credit Officer with reporting duties.
- Works with the Chief Credit Officer in the updating of the Loan Policy.
- Works with the Chief Credit Officer in training of Relationship Managers.
- Assists with regulatory examinations, loan reviews and other audits.
- Comply with the letter and with the spirit of the bank's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Meet loan portfolio goals with regard to growth, income, and quality.
- Ensure that lending operations are in accordance with established bank policy and are legally compliant.
- Acquire a knowledge of regulations and bank procedures, particularly those involving the lending function; to comply with the provisions of the Bank Secrecy Act and other laws and regulations. .