Regional Credit Manager - McKinney, Texas
The primary function of this position is the management, protection and collection of the company’s accounts receivable (AR) portfolio. The Regional Credit Manager manages an assigned portfolio of customers within approved lines of authority to assign credit limits and approve orders. This role is responsible for training and development of direct reports and other team members.
- Direct supervision of Area Credit Manager and Collection staff, including training and development.
- Establish appropriate level of credit exposure for customers to permit maximum sales volume with appropriate risk.
- Review & approve orders on credit hold within authority.
- Review and approve new customer credit applications.
- Initiate, review and approve credit limits for existing customers in accordance with company policy.
- Manage collections to support company and department goals.
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate financial statements.
- Participate in branch manager calls.
- Make collections calls.
- Establish team and individual goals. Monitor performance.
- Working knowledge of mechanics liens and bond, working knowledge of payment bonds.
- Participate in industry credit group meetings.
- Perform customer visits.
- Reviews and submits bad debt write off requests for approval.
- Ability to manage and develop solid working relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to travel.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and the economy.
Click here to apply online
- Minimum 5 years credit and collections experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively on many levels throughout the organization
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Working knowledge of construction law
- Ability to efficiently multi-task
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Ability to handle conflict and confrontation
- Ability and desire to coach, teach and mentor others
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Strong analytical skills