My Client seeks a Platform Manager for Refrigeration Appliances. This manager will be responsible for the direction of the following products:
- Top Freezer Refrigerators
- Bottom Freezer Refrigerators
- Side by Side Refrigerators
- Compact Refrigerators
- Upright/Chest Freezers
- Other Refrigerator Products as Developed
This is a full-time position. Some domestic and international travel is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Drive innovation and development of market-leading refrigeration products for the US Market.
- Identify and develop new technologies, features, and products to enable refrigeration product business growth.
- Lead team to become domain experts on US consumer behavior. Research and utilize consumer insights to guide development of new refrigeration product platforms. Identify new features and models to grow US market share.
- Work closely with Corporate Refrigerator Product Division.
- Create intellectual property portfolio protecting technology and innovations.
- Create and maintain technology roadmaps to enable successful product planning.
- Maintain an ongoing assessment of competitive products through competitive feature analysis, product teardowns, performance comparisons, marketing claim analysis, and related activities.
- Support Client's Refrigerator (REF) division on technical matters concerning products sold in US market. (AHAM, Safety, Quality, trade partners concerns)
- Proactively identify and resolve design-related quality issues and identify product quality improvements as part of the Research and Development process.
- Enable the consumer research team to conduct (or manage) consumer research as needed for these product families.
- Manage Client's Refrigeration budget, develop resources, drive teambuilding, support future lab development, and recruit approved headcount.
- Meet with customers to understand potential product offerings and associated requirements. Lead team to convert these customer needs into viable product strategies.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering required. Other engineering fields considered with appropriate experience.
- Previous management experience with at least 2 direct reports and demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to lead technical teams and mentor engineers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with commercial team and customers.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Vision to see and ability to organize and execute a strategy.
- Strong knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes.
- 10+ years’ engineering experience, 5+ years as manager.
- Goal-oriented and self-managed.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
Click here to apply online
- Master’s degree in engineering or MBA
- History of working with global colleagues
- Previous experience with consumer appliances