Do you have the mechanical ability (and Red-Seal Millwright Ticket) to maintain a state-of-the-art, newly built, export facility on the west coast? Our client is a growing, progressive company with a network of grain elevators across Canada.
This position is key to optimizing operational efficiencies, minimizing downtime, and managing risk while ultimately ensuring the timely movement of grain through the facility. Ensure agriculture products are unloaded, processed, and shipped to world markets quickly.
Does this sound like you?
Are you looking for these elements in your ideal job?
- A red-seal Millwright/Industrial Mechanic
- An innate mechanical ability with proven troubleshooting and root-cause analysis skills
- Desire to maintain new instead of repair old equipment
- 6+ years of maintenance experience working with heavy industrial materials handling systems
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- You can demonstrate initiative, leadership, and high quality of work
- A computer aptitude using mobile devices and computerized maintenance systems
- Able to complete tasks as assigned, when assigned, in the time assigned without feeling stressed
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working in an essential industry
- Working within a maintenance team
- An opportunity to grow your career with a company that supports the success of their employees
- An organization that is committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment
- Personal/Flex days, Sick Days
- Highly Competitive wage with shift premiums
- Working shift work - 6 on, 3 off
- Maintain the plant infrastructure and material handling systems (conveyors, bucket elevators, dust collection systems, grain cleaning equipment, fans)
- Maintain electrical and control systems
- Maintain boilers
- Utilize a mobile user interface, tablet-based system; recording work details
- Adhere to lock-out-tag-out isolation protocols
- Adhere to housekeeping and food safety requirements
- Hold safety as paramount; mitigating and identifying safety hazards
- Troubleshoot and identify root issues causing equipment failure
- Inspect facilities and identify repair and improvements needed
- Reporting regularly to management
Click here to apply online
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally might like more information on, contact Ed at 1.306.700.4766 to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!