Recurring Requirement for Intermediate Accountant - Temporary
The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for overseeing the accounts payable process and maintaining cash flow and investment schedules. The position is also responsible for supporting the Assistant Director of Finance to complete account reconciliations and associated working papers.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Analyze, reconcile and report various student data and statistics quarterly; such as student numbers, exams and re-writes;
- Reconcile revenue from modules, registrations and dues between general ledger and CRM;
- Review various schedules are reconciled to the general ledger and prepare working papers for review by the controller;
- Maintain the cash flow position to ensure that there is a sufficient cash balance to meet disbursement requirements;
- Oversee the accounts payable processes by reviewing payments processed by the Accounts Payable Accountant and providing support as needed;
- Review verified approvals for payment for accuracy; review data on approved payables and batches created in Great Plains, review printed cheques or Electronic File Transfer (EFT) files for payment through the bank;
- Review Capital Assets Schedule and ensure that purchases and accounting for depreciation are in accordance with the School’s policies and practices;
- Identify areas where improvements and efficiencies can be implemented and communicate to controller;
- Complete ad hoc tasks as assigned.
Your strengths include:
- A minimum of 3 years progressive accounting experience;
- Must be highly organized and effectively able to prioritize;
- Ability to respond to requests for information in a prompt and accurate manner;
- Effective verbal and written communications skills;
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook, and the use of databases;
- Completion of a post-secondary courses and/or a diploma in accounting or undergraduate degree in business or accounting.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Tori Clark.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!