Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Recruiter to join our HR team. As a leader in the aerospace industry, we need a talented and dedicated Recruiter to help us grow our workforce. In this Full-Time, Permanent position, the Recruitment Specialist will take ownership of the overall candidate experience by designing and managing job postings as well as job descriptions, and position requirements.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Take ownership of candidate experience by designing and managing job postings, job descriptions and position requirements
- Source candidates using databases or online job posting boards
- Screen candidates by reviewing resumes and job applicants and perform phone screenings
- Manage onboarding and new hire process
- Manage the interview, selection and closing process
- Ensure all screening, hiring and selection is done in accordance with ITAR employment laws and regulations
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with local organizations to participate in job fairs or networking events
- Stay abreast of recruiting trends and best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business Administration or related field or 5+ years of proven successful recruiting
- Bilingualism (English and Spanish) required
- Must be a U.S Citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency Card as Magellan Aerospace, Glendale is an ITAR regulated facility
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems and social media applications
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods
- Solid understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholder
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel)
- Must be familiar with a wide variety of sourcing avenues
- Ability to weigh multiple variables to make important decisions and have a good sense of character
- Please note this is not a remote position
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!