As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 60 years. With 25 programs we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually. Together we: Nurture development. Foster resilience. Cultivate well-being.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Recovery Coach to join our team of talented professionals. This position also allows the flexibility to work from home at least 2 days a week.
As a Recovery Coach in the Adult Behavioral Health Program, you will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible to deliver recovery coaching services, consistent with existing Medicaid guidelines, to individual consumers or groups of consumers with substance use disorders.
- Conduct community outreach activities to identify people with substance use disorders, determine their needs, and link them with treatment and/or recovery support services as needed.
- Promote and model recovery, and assist consumers in developing skills necessary to access community resources, live more independently, improve their health and wellness, continue their education, and pursue opportunities for meaningful work in their communities.
- Public speaking and committee work within and outside of the agency are also required.
- Regular business hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 am – 7:00 pm and Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
To qualify for this position, you will need the following:
- Candidates for this position must have experience receiving substance use treatment and/or recovery support services, and must have at least one year of sobriety.
- Candidates must be willing to use their own recovery experience as a vehicle to help others. More specifically, candidates must be willing to share their personal stories of recovery with individual consumers, groups of consumers, and as part of organized, public speaking engagements.
- Must be willing to participate in training and supervision to enhance their ability to engage consumers, and to improve their understanding of the fundamental principles of recovery, recovery coaching and self-determination.
- Candidates must have a valid Michigan driver’s license and a good driving record. Must also possess and retain a Chauffeur’s license and meet the eligibility driving requirements as defined by the current insurance company.
- Must demonstrate a non-judgmental approach that reflects cultural competency and sensitivity to the unique needs and diverse experiences of people with substance use disorders and their families.
- Must demonstrate the ability to establish working relationships with consumers, provide direct assistance with access to community resources, facilitate educational workshops, support groups and recovery-oriented activities for consumers and their families.
- Must be comfortable interacting with the public under a broad range of circumstances, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to organize their work, and complete tasks within established timeframes.
- Upon eligibility for certification must be willing to become certified by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services as Recovery Coaches within six months of hire.
- Must also possess a Certified Peer Recovery Mentor credential or complete and submit a Development Plan application for this credential to MCBAP within six weeks of hire.
The Guidance believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more! If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line at www.guidance-center.org/careers.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Click here to apply online