Recovery & Utilities Area Manager
PURPOSE: The Recovery & Utilities Manager is responsible for ensuring the Power and Utilities operations are optimized to achieve the department needs. Areas of responsibility include the safe and efficient management of Power Boilers, Turbines, and associated feed water & steam systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully support the mill safety, environmental, and corporate initiatives.
- Lead improvement initiatives in the Power area and support those in the Recovery and Kiln/Recausticizing areas.
- Ensure the Department, Operations, and Supply Chain are fully coordinated
- Convert the Business Plan to a daily operations plan.
- Provide technical expertise in the daily operations of the department including assisting Operators in resolving gaps between production and the plan.
- Mentor and coach operators in concert with shift team leaders in troubleshooting, documentation, and work request quality.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Power Plant Personnel Qualification Program.
- Work with, prioritize and coach production engineers with the identification and recertification of process performance gaps.
- Work with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator to prioritize maintenance work and support maintenance execution of the work.
- B.S. Pulp & Paper Science, Chemical/Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 5-10+ years of related paper, operational, or manufacturing/industrial experience and 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; competency with standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP, and Mill information systems
- In-depth knowledge of plant operations, maintenance spending process, production commitments, costs, capital projects, process equipment, and new technology
- Strong analytical problem solving skills; a solid background in statistical analysis is a plus
Pulp & Paper