Contract Reconciliations Specialist
Take your reconciling experience and your problem-solving ability to the next level with this opportunity! If you have amazing analytical skills, like to take on a project and impress with the results you can obtain in very short time, this might be just what you are looking for!
Our client, a manufacturing company is looking for a Reconciliations Specialist to join their Calgary team for an ongoing contract to lead a special project they have in their accounting team. They are well known for their respectful and engaging work environment, their amazing employee programs and opportunities for growth. We know this to be true form the other contractors we currently have working there.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position will allow you to help the growth of their business and train some of their accounting staff along with it! Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Portfolio and/or cash reconciliation between different internal accounting system
- Independently identify and resolve technical issues with reconciliation tool and file management, analyze and investigate all exceptions in detail
- Liaison with accountants and clients to resolve any issues and discrepancies
- Learning new applications, find better ways to do reconciliations, and proactively learn new exotic security types to ensure that you become and remain the expert in the reconciliation area
- Working closely with the accounting team
- Assisting on special projects and ad-hoc tasks as they arise
Your strengths include:
This role requires a post secondary education in Accounting and ideally close to obtaining a CPA Designation. The ideal candidate will possess analytical and reconciliation skills as well as other following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Other desirable attributes include:
- At least 3-5 years Canadian accounting experience in experience in dealing with high volume reconciliations and strong knowledge of GAAP
- Working experience in the manufacturing industry is a definite asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and working experience with an ERP system
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented able to work with extremely tight monthly and weekly deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate energy, initiative and cross departmental team building skills
If you are interested in this role, please respond directly to Ioana at email@example.com or Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please view our website, www.recruitmentpartners.ca, for additional career opportunities!
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!