Provides superior customer services to our customers as CEC’s primary first response operator. Serves as a member of the Company’s Test and Inspect Team. Assist Test and Inspect department as customer to ensure that the proper information is produced and delivered accurately and on time.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates the primary switchboard, providing primary first response to all incoming calls, routing and/where possible, giving direct assistance.
- Serves as a backup to calls requiring direct assistance from the service department.
- Create and Maintain customer Inspection Reports, as well as produce any other document that CEC consistently uses in a sales position
- Maintains existing customer database. (Active agreements, project for current year, PO for Invoices).
- Wins, converts and creates agreements for all T&I new sales. Includes attaching all necessary documentation for inspections.
- Build’s out the project work plan
- Retrieves any missing contracts, reports, or contracts for current customers.
- Fields calls and emails regarding T&I for service
Discrepancy Quoting: Assists with quoting process to ensure consistency.
- Receives quote request from supervisor
- Creates opportunity and quotes in ConnectWise
- Sens’s quote to customer
- Awards and assigns WON quote to a supervisor
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and lead well at all levels of the organization and with external parties (e.g. customers).
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks within a complex organization, demonstrating ability to plan, organize, implement, and control.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, specifically those that are Microsoft based (Great Plains, CRM).
- Previous skill, knowledge, or experience specifically in customer service is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.