Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) is looking for a Receiving Inspector. The successful incumbent will be responsible for maintaining all documentation from outside vendors and suppliers. In addition, they will be responsible for releasing new material to the shop floor. The pay range is $16/hr to $18/hr.
- Perform Receiving Inspection
- Report Findings and filing of documentation
- Knowledge to perform conductivity and hardness test.
- Interface with manufacturing and engineering personnel
- Minimum 2 years of experience in precision machine parts inspection
- Ability to read B/Ps, specifications and PO documents.
- Ability to use standard measuring equipment. Familiarity with SPC, and sampling inspection is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other people.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)