Duties / Responsibilities
We represent an industry leader in Rebar manufacturing. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment and are searching for people who desire to build a long-term career. Advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers.
We are searching for Estimator.Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Derek Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic responsibilities of Estimator include:
- Prepare timely estimates of the quantities of fabricated reinforcing bar, mesh, accessories and related products required for bidding projects.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers and branch employees regarding all aspects of the estimating and bidding process
- Maintain an ongoing bid calendar, including tracking for addenda and updates, to ensure accurate estimating and to keep branch management aware of bid schedules and upcoming work.
- Assist in the quoting of prices for company materials so that assigned customer accounts are certain to receive bids on work they are pursuing.
Qualifications for the positions include:
- 3+ years experience as a reinforcing bar or structural steel detailer or equivalent construction/field estimating experience
- Knowledge of concrete structures, CRSI/ACI standards
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Strong commitment to safety in all job aspects
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to analyze and think strategically
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude
Preferred qualifications include:
- Two year technical or vocational degree in drafting or construction-related field
- 3+ years of demonstrated rebar estimating experience
Keywords: estimator, detail, estimate, rebar, construction, contract