This new position reports to the SVP Corporate Properties and has a comprehensive compensation package including competitive base salary, large annual bonus and the opportunity for equity and stock options based on performance. This is key role created to support major company strategic growth within their supply chain organization and will have a tremendous impact on their business model. Advancement opportunities from this role are outstanding.
Position: Real Estate Director, Corporate Properties
Our client is an S&P 500, Fortune 500, and Nasdaq 100 company headquartered in Northern California, with fiscal 2017 revenues of $14.1 billion and almost 1,700 retail stores with two separate brands.
The Real Estate Director for Corporate Properties will be located at either our client's Northern CA HQ or their New York Buying Office. This role will primarily support high profile and complex project management activities in our various office and industrial locations in the United States.
- Translate business needs into a realistic set of real estate requirements to support major large scale planned company growth and expansion within their supply chain network.
- Establish and manage a third-party network of contractors and vendors to support negotiations and thorough due diligence / market intelligence.
- Perform detailed site diligence activities for relative comparisons of viable options and recommendations.
- Aggressively negotiate contracts and other agreements to ensure market or better deal terms.
- Create business cases for the Real Estate Committee as required.
- Manage brokers, contractors, vendors and attorneys as required to ensure all documents are tightly controlled from initial drafting to full execution and management.
- Manage and monitor drawings, contracts, invoices, and reports to track and act on any key activities.
- Interact with landlords and internal departments as appropriate to hold them accountable for their deliverables and the ultimate success of the project.
- Lead activities involving the scoping, designing, engineering, bidding, construction and commissioning of interior improvement and other construction projects.
- Management of effectiveness and coordination of outside resources including, Real Estate Brokers, Attorneys, Architects, General Contractors, and Landlords.
- Quality of Work
- Credibility and Trust
- Planning, Organizing, and Multi-tasking
- Use of Influence
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in corporate real estate project management involving industrial and office assets.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or real estate preferred.
- Project Management certification strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in managing tactical execution while maintaining a strategic focus.
- Proven business and financial acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to convey messages clearly and concisely.
- At-ease working individually and in teams, and at all levels of the organization (internally and externally).
- Experienced in all aspects of financial planning and management from a cash flow and P&L perspective.
- Comfortable with levels of ambiguity and managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to influence, manage conflicts, solve complex problems and lead people and activities.
- Strong working knowledge of building structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, as well as maintaining regulatory compliance.