Title: Rail Signal Project Engineer
City: San Mateo
Job Type: Direct-hire
Job Code: EB-1514774985
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Rail Signal Project Engineer to work on-site with our client, a world-class Construction Management company.
This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.Job Description:
The primary role of the Project Engineer is to assist the Signal & Communications Manager with the planning and daily execution of the project. Including signal design reviews, installation, local testing, and integrated testing. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets.Responsibilities:
Shared time between office and field management operations may include:
- Safety meetings
- Reviewing and processing of design and product submittals
- Developing RFIs for design clarifications
- Troubleshooting installation and design issues
- Cost analysis and projections
- Change order estimating
- Third party outreach / coordination
- Supervision and quality inspection of field work (including night work)
- Procurement of materials
- Subcontractor scheduling and coordination
- Scheduling - use of critical path logic
- 2-5 years’ experience in Train Control & Signaling, equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- B.S. in electrical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering or construction management preferred.
- Computer knowledge of office suite programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) minimum.
- Knowledge of CAD and Primavera a plus.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with others.
- Base Salary
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits.
- Employer Contributions to 401K Pension Plan [to 4% max]
- Vacation/Sick pay in accordance with Company Policy.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Our client is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. They promote a drug free workplace and utilize the government’s E-Verify process.