Title: Rail OCS Project Engineer
City: San Mateo
Job Type: Direct-hire
Job Code: EB-2032314294
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Commercial Control Manager to work on-site with our client, a world-class Construction Management company.
This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
The primary role of the OCS Project Engineer is to assist the OCS Manager and Construction Manager with the planning and daily execution of the construction project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the OCS Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets. Manage a team of OCS field Engineers and CAD operators to assist in the project delivery. Essential Functions: Project Financial Responsibilities
Assists project management by proactively managing the project budget by controlling expenses, administering owner and subcontractor billings, identifying work not covered by subcontractor’s scope of work/budget and ensuring the success of office support functions related to the overall cost and scheduled completion.Preconstruction Services
Project Administration, Coordination and Close-out
- Establish procedures for controlling contract drawings.
- Initiates set-up of the job management system.
- Assists with the scopes of work, bid package development and help solicit subcontractors and suppliers.
- Initiates the building permit process.
- Take control of constructability reviews and ensure comments get to the designers in the allocated time frame.
- Attend discipline and project meetings as needed.
- Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and shop drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
- Conducts preconstruction meetings with subcontractors, assisted by the OCS Manager and/or Superintendent.
- Serves as the onsite quality manager for assigned trades by verifying subcontractor deliveries meet approved submittal requirements.
- Attends and participates in meetings with Architect/Engineer and owner representatives, provides information and assists the OCS Manager in the preparation of progress reports/meeting minutes.
- Distributes proposal change documents to subcontractors/suppliers and assists in collecting pricing and/or prepares change proposal requests for internal pricing review.
- Ensures all clarifications, changes, directives, RFIs, etc., are updated on the “as-built” drawings and are fully coordinated with company supervision and all subcontractor/suppliers.
- Responsible for submitting owner required close-out documents and assisting subcontractors /suppliers in scheduling owner required training and documentation.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position.
- 5 to 10 years’ of OCS construction experience preferred.
- Rail construction experience a plus.
- Internship(s) or Co-ops with a construction company is desired.
- Organizes people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Makes decisions under tight deadlines, sometimes with incomplete information.
- Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and make necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
- Acts in a manner of integrity that demonstrates support for the company values and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). CAD and Primavera a plus.
Benefits: medical, vision and dental
401K Plan with Employer Contribution
Vacation and Sick leave
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Our client is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. They promote a drug free workplace and utilize the government’s E-Verify process.