Title: Rail OCS Field Engineer
City: San Mateo
Job Type: Direct-hire
Job Code: EB-7899525334
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Rail OCS Field Engineer to work on-site with our client, a world-class Construction Management company.
This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
Provide technical engineering information to company supervision and craft to insure construction work complies with all engineering standards. This position will consist of office and field work relating to the design, construction and testing of a 25kv OCS system on the Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project in San Mateo. This OCS system includes 51 miles of electrification on double track, including multi track areas (3 or more), stations and rail yards.
- Interpret design/drawings for crafts installing material.
- Research, recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
- May provide technical support and direction of project material control functions including implementation and operation of maintenance program.
- Prepare spreadsheets, drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Track production quantities for work performed.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Provide assistance to Project Superintendent with all aspects of project.
- Provide support to supervision and craft to ensure construction work complies with design drawing locations.
- Perform tasks related to the collection and evaluation of data required to monitor and update project schedules.
- Develop and update work plans and hazard analysis on tasks as needed.
- Prepare Procurement Documentation and Subcontractor/Vendor Payment Applications.
- Perform regular safety inspections as determined by project safety.
- Attend meetings and assist with coordination between disciplines
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experiences with OCS
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to perform trigonometric calculation either manually or with calculator.
- Basic computer knowledge, excel, word and Power Point.
- AutoCAD and Microsoft Access are a plus.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
Must be willing to work night and weekend shifts in addition to regular day shifts
- Base Salary
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits.
- Employer Contributions to 401K Pension Plan [to 4% max]
- Vacation/Sick pay in accordance with Company Policy.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Our client is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. They promote a drug free workplace and utilize the government’s E-Verify process.