Title: Rail Field Engineer
City: San Mateo
Job Type: Direct-hire
Job Code: EB-1111821413
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Rail Field Engineer to work on-site with our client, a world-class Construction Management company.
This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
The primary role of the Office/Field Engineer is to assist the Project Engineer and Superintendent with the planning and daily execution of the project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials, maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Shared time between office and field management operations may include:
- safety meetings
- processing of submittals and request for information
- cost analysis and projections
- payment requisitions
- change order estimating
- supervision and quality inspection of field work (including night work)
- procurement of materials
- subcontractor scheduling and coordination
- scheduling - use of critical path logic
- third party outreach / coordination
- 1-4 years of experience
- equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- B.S. in civil engineering, mechanical engineering or construction management preferred.
- Computer knowledge of office suite programs (excel, word, PowerPoint) minimum.
- Knowledge of CAD and Primavera a plus.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with others.
Must be willing to work night and weekend shifts in addition to regular day shifts
- Base Salary
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits.
- Employer Contributions to 401K Pension Plan
- Vacation/Sick pay in accordance with Company Policy.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Our client is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. They promote a drug free workplace and utilize the government’s E-Verify process.