Title: Rail Cost Engineer
City: San Mateo
Job Type: Direct-hire
Job Code: EB-4919811282
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Rail Cost Engineer to work on-site with our client, a world-class Construction Management company.
This is a direct-hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
As a Cost Engineer / Project Engineer, assigned to the Caltrain project in the San Francisco Bay Area, you will have the opportunity to provide project engineering and cost control support to the project & construction management team. You contribute to the successful completion of the Electrification Corridor Project in San Mateo, CA. You will perform tasks related to the collection of cost data required to monitor project budget and estimates.
- Work with Project Management to improve cost reporting, cost controls and forecasting
- Submit Monthly Pay Estimate and Subcontract Pay Vouchers
- Track quantities (material/labor) for payment and cost purposes
- Code daily labor, purchase orders, subcontractor invoices, costs, quantities, actual expenditures, etc. for tracking in cost system
- Calculate material/work quantity requirements (takeoffs); monitor progress, percentage complete per work item
- Create or assist in weekly meeting agenda and deliver, MPR, QF Reports, and Project Cash Flow
- Update and maintain project Baseline & Weekly schedules
- Maintain documentation to support the company’s position for claims resolution
- Manage subcontract administration and permanent material supplier through monitoring of correspondence, issue change orders and pay sheet
- Manage extra work process, change orders and claims management
- Attend weekly crew safety meeting and monthly mass safety meeting
- Develop good working relationship with owners, subcontractors and field personnel
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron’s company values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution and 3+ years construction engineering experience
- Or 6 years construction engineering related experience if no degree in a related field
- Experience in resource monitoring techniques (i.e. cost accounting, cost analysis, scheduling, basic estimating) is required
- Report writing
- Base Salary
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits.
- Employer Contributions to 401K Pension Plan
- Vacation/Sick pay in accordance with Company Policy.
Our client is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. They promote a drug free workplace and utilize the government’s E-Verify process.