Currently seeking a qualified Radiology Technologist for an opportunity in Brownsville, TX.
Requirements of the Radiology Technologist
- Graduate from an accredited school of Radiology Technology with a minimum of an Associate's Degree
- 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- ARRT Certification Required
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skill set Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
Responsibilities of the Radiology Technologist
- Demonstrates competency in radiation exposure and monitoring.
- Demonstrates competency in ALAR and dose equivalent limits.
- Demonstrates competency and knowledge of Radiation physics.
- Demonstrates competency with critical behaviors and age specific care.
- Demonstrates competency with appropriate method of patient identifiers. Two ID's.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper radiation protection of patients and employees in accordance with ACR, NRC, and ARRT.
- Demonstrates knowledge of automatic exposure control (AEC).
- Demonstrates knowledge of image processing and quality assurance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of criteria for image evaluation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of image distortion (magnification, OID, SID).