The Royster Group, Inc. is a leader in providing executive search and professional staffing services in the private and public sectors, and the healthcare industry. Royster’s goal is to help organizations fill their human capital pipeline with highly qualified leaders and healthcare providers at all levels of the organization. Our core values of Customer Service, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, and Respect drives all aspects of our business.
The Royster Group is recruiting Radiology Technologist for the Federal Correctional Complex Hopewell, VA (FCC Petersburg). The contractor Radiology Technologist will provide X-Ray services for the inmate population.
The contractor shall be capable of performing all radiology procedures needed without any technical support.
Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Perform routine radiologic procedures ordered by the medical staff for the inmate population at the institution.
- Transmit, retrieve X-ray images and reports electronically, and scan reports into inmates' Bureau Electronic Medical Record (BEMR).
- Receive training to retrieve radiographic consults from BEMR and schedule them to perform all radiographic procedures.
- Work with an inmate population from a variety of cultural, racial, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Evaluate radiographic equipment for calibrations and repairs.
- Possess knowledge of basic emergency situations that may occur during special radiographic procedures.
- Schedule exams and maintain records.
- Possess knowledge of various pathological abnormalities as demonstrated by radiographic imaging.
- Independently assess and select technical exposure factors and positions necessary to obtain a proper quality diagnostic exam. Receive patients and explain procedures to alleviate undue anxiety.
- Independently perform all radiographic procedures; i.e., chest, bone, skull, spine, and portable x-rays, etc.
- Notify Radiologist or referring Physician of any preliminary abnormalities seen while patient is undergoing an exam so that additional views or exams can be ordered if needed.
- Coordinate transfer of patient radiologic records to ensure continuity of care.
- Work with Clinical Director to ensure monitoring and evaluation activities are completed.
- Act as liaison between radiologist and medical staff.
- Receive training and orientation and comply with correctional techniques as they pertain to medical services.
- Develop a working knowledge of the local medical protocols.
- Wear outer protective clothing and obey the Center for Disease Control universal precautions at all times.
- Function in other duties commensurate of a Radiology Technician.
- Computerization and printing of exam requisitions
- Completing all x-ray studies ordered by the medical staff
- Preparing x-rays for shipment to the radiologist for interpretation
- Transport of x-rays to the radiologist for interpretation
- Transport all x-rays from radiologist after interpretation
- Assisting the staff with maintenance of equipment and supplies, and notifying staff when supplies are needed
- Conducting quality assurance tests and daily maintenance on x-ray equipment as needed
- Assisting with FDA inspections and preparation for ACA, JC and program review as needed
- Assuring that all x-ray requests are completed properly
- Shall be fully licensed to perform radiological procedures by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
- Licensed by the state of Virginia
- Minimum of 2 years radiologic experience.Knowledge of X-Ray machine equipment is preferred but not required.
- Current Basic Life Support certification, in accordance with the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Place of Performance:
Health Services Department at the Federal Correctional Complex (Low, Medium and Camp) located at 1100 River Road, Hopewell, VA 23860
Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays), the hours of 6:30 a.m and 3:00 p.m., with a 30-minute unpaid lunch period. Hours shall not exceed 32 hours per week.
Click here to apply online