Field Service Engineer III - General Radiology / X-Ray
Department: Biomed – Administration
Type: Direct Hire Full Time Hourly plus Benefits
Location: Dallas and Temple, TX
- The Successful Candidate Will Have Experience Servicing Diagnostic X-Ray Equipment.
- Experience Servicing Carestream, Siemens, And GE Equipment Is Preferred.
The Field Service Engineer III Repairs, Maintains, Tests, And Calibrates Complex Diagnostic Imaging Equipment/Systems To Ensure Its Safe And Proper Operation.
- Maximizes Patient Safety By Supporting The Proper Use, Application And Operational Performance Of Patient Care Equipment.
- Performs Scheduled Preventive Maintenance (PM) According To Hospital Policies, Procedures And Industry-Recognized Standards, Using Specialized Test Equipment, Tools, And Simulation Devices.
- Documents All Service Events, Performance Tests And Corrective Maintenance According To Department Policy, Using Computerized Maintenance Management Software Applications And Other Standard Office Software Applications.
- Is Responsible For Ordering Repair Parts, Timely Return Of Applicable Repair Parts, And Timely Submission Of Applicable Order-Related Documentation.
- Assists With Assigned Projects, Related To The Installation, Relocation, And Disposal Of Medical Imaging Equipment/Systems.
- Communicates Effectively With Customer(S) Using Various Communication Tools, To Establish Rapport With Staff And To Keep Clinical Staff And Appropriate Clinical Management Informed As To The Status Of Repairs And Installs.
- Recommends Improvements To PM Schedule Frequency, Testing Procedures And/Or Documentation Forms And Participates In And/Or Assists With Development Of Departmental And Hospital-Based Continuous Quality Improvement Initiatives.
- Participates In Development And/Or Review Of Specifications For New Imaging Equipment Acquisition Based On Approved Capital Equipment Budget; Assists With Coordinating And Performing Clinical Trials On New Equipment Under Consideration For Purchase.
The Ideal Candidate Is Willing To Routinely Travel To Other Client Facilities To Assist With Scheduled And Unscheduled Service Activities; Is Willing To Participate In On-Call Rotation; Is Able To Communicate With And Interact With Customers, Providers And Team Members; Is Able To Effectively Self-Manage Time And Assigned Projects; And Has Excellent Interpersonal Skills In Order To Mentor Less Experienced Engineers.
- Associate’s Degree or Equivalent
- Experience servicing Carestream, Siemens, and GE equipment is preferred
- 6+ years’ experience
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
Benefits Package Includes*:
- Immediate Eligibility For Health And Welfare Benefits
- 401(K) Savings Plan With Dollar-For-Dollar Match Up To 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO Accrual Beginning Day 1