Radiologist Assistant (American Registry of Radiologic Technology)
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Education: Graduate from a Radiologist Assistant academic program
- Certification: Certified as a radiographer by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Must also pass the Radiologists Assistant certification examination.
- Preceptorship: Must complete a radiologist-directed preceptorship
- Registration: Must have, and maintain, ARRT registration
Click here to apply online
- Ensure patients are appropriately prepared for procedures, to include obtaining consent prior to beginning any examination.
- Perform selected radiology examinations and procedures under the supervision of a radiologist.
- Responsible for evaluating image quality, making initial image observations and forwarding those observations to the supervising radiologist.
- Adapt examination protocols to improve diagnostic quality.
- Serve as a patient advocate, ensuring that each patient receives quality care while in the radiology department or clinic.