endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Radar Feature Algorithm Development Engineer
Who we are:
The global technology leader in ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) and safety systems for the transportation industry (cameras / radar / LiDAR, Night Vision) is expanding rapidly and looking for a Functional Safety Engineer for a key role on a new project in their ADAS group.
Currently remote but eventually this will be located (with a flexible schedule) in a state-of-the-art facility less than 3 years old with a full fitness center and restaurant-like eatery.
They are working cooperatively with more than one OEM they are emerging as a leader in autonomous driving in addition to other technologies. With sales approaching $7b and 7500 employees in 13 countries this company is the place to be!
What you'll do:
The Radar Feature Algorithm Development Engineer is responsible for the design and development of algorithms for advanced automotive radar safety and driver assistance applications. The candidate shall have experience developing algorithms based on “real world” data. The candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and testing of radar software solutions – focused on algorithms that enhance and protect vehicle drivers and passengers. The candidate shall have demonstrated the following capabilities: analyzing data from sensors, reviewing and support elicitation of system requirements and designing algorithms that meet those requirements, developing and validating algorithms and calibrations to support production launch of radar features to various customers, supporting demonstrations to potential customers, and providing support to business development staff in the procurement of new clients. This engineer possesses strong skills in the C and C++ programming languages, software design methodologies, and expertise in using MATLAB for algorithm development, simulation and data analysis. Experience with formal SW development processes, with a focus on producing world-class quality products, is necessary. This position will require working as part of a team of developers and collaborating with engineers from many disciplines. A candidate with experience in the entire product lifecycle, from concept definition to product roll out would be ideal.
- Design, develop, test and calibrate radar-based advanced safety and driver assistance feature algorithms
- Implement feature algorithm models and test with sampled sensor data sets
- Define algorithm specification for its implementation in micro-controller
- Develop, unit test and integrate software modules (Matlab, embedded C/C++) for in-vehicle testing and analysis
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements
- Support code reviews for team members
- Interface with development teams from offices around the globe
- Identify or propose product process or infrastructure improvements
- Contribute current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at team/section meetings; exemplify consensus building and team-focused behavior
- Estimate and log work in collaborative development environment
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the product team
What you'll bring:
- BS/MS/PhD in Electronics and Information Technology, Computer
Science or related Engineering field
- Experience in algorithm development and realization in real–time operational software development in MATLAB and C/C++
- Knowledge of digital signal processing and control theory/methodology
- Experience with the entire product lifecycle, from concept definition to product roll out
- Experiences in various sensing technologies and in-vehicle data acquisition methodologies
- Experience with source code control systems
- Agile software development tools and techniques is a plus
- Ability to work on a software team in a fast-paced environment
- Development experience in one or more of the following:
- Radar technology or related field
- Automotive applications
- Real-time systems
- Good oral and written communication
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Action oriented, Technical orientation, Analytical, Attention to detail, Commitment to excellence, Communicate effectively, Demonstrate accountability, Manage projects, Problem solving, Professional attitude, Team work
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.