RR M250 Supervisor / Lead Technician
United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Euravia North America, a member of the Magellan Aerospace group has a great opportunity for an RR M250 Supervisor / Lead Technician. The successful incumbent will be hands on and conduct scheduled and preventative maintenance on gas turbine engines as required, assemble components modules and engines in accordance with ENA/FAA approved data and ENA operational specifications. The Engine Shop Supervisor will also coordinate engine shop work with engineering, quality and customers, giving technical advice and guidance, including detailed estimates of work to be performed in coordination with the Chief of Engineering and sales.
- Represent Euravia North America in a professional manner.
- Supervision of department, administration and critical process and procedural oversight.
- Customer contract negotiations/estimations for engine shop related work.
- Conduct hands on Maintenance and service of customer engines and accessories as required. These services may involve working outside of the business premises in support of the customer/ENA requirements in the USA and abroad.
- Follow policies and procedures established by Euravia North America, ENA Repair Station Manual, ENA Quality Control Manual, FAR’s, Quality Assurance Manager and Chief of Engineering.
- Follow work instructions carefully.
- Carry out operations IAW job instructions and any approved documentation provided; ensuring all previous operations have been completed, signed or stamped off before commencement.
- Converse technically with customers and produce comprehensive quotes and breakdown of turbine engine repairs.
- Ensure completed work is stamped off or signed as instructed.
- Use and instructs on the proper use of precision measuring, balancing and gauging tools.
- A & P mechanic preferred.
- Extensive Engine Shop experience with a working knowledge of the Rolls Royce 250M series engine maintenance repair and overhaul business.
- Ability to read and interpret technical publications.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Has good manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude.
- Understands basic financial spreadsheets and engine maintenance quoting processes
- Understand blueprints, company manuals, and written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to learn and adapt to varied work assignments.
- Possess the practical and technical knowledge required to perform assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to demonstrate proper judgment and decision making skills when necessary.
- Ability to perform work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrate a willingness to accept other duties as assigned.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive and comprehensive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)