Registered Nurse Team Leader - Casa Grande, Arizona
As an RN Team Leader, you will promote and restore patients’ health by maintaining the day to-day operation of the patient care area, giving guidance and direction to the patient care teams to plan, direct and evaluate the total nursing care and functions of the client’s Mission and Vision. You will coordinate care for patients on the daily schedule and proactively manage and coordinate care for patients not on the schedule.
- Interact with patients and employees in a respectful manner.
- Promote teamwork to improve patient access and the efficiency of the team and the site as a whole.
- Foster a working environment that promotes growth, a team environment and job satisfaction of personnel.
- Relate effectively and maintain satisfactory relations and rapport within other departments, providers, employees, and visitors.
- Provide an ongoing evaluation of personnel performance, staff education, orientation, training, monitoring and in-services and make assignments to the skill level of employees. Supervise the patient care team that report to you. Identify employee problems and guide them to their solution. Report to Director of Nursing any issues in a timely manner
- Interact with patients and families in a tactful manner and resolve patient grievances/complaints.
- Refer any unresolved patient grievances to Director of Nursing to be addressed. Document all interactions.
- Review current or new plan of care to include Healthy Lifestyle Goal Settings with patient and perform patient education activities as directed by provider.
- Review preventative care needs of the patient and alert the provider to provide orders for such.
- Participate in patient education for example family planning, diabetes, well child and medication management.
- Provide the best possible nursing care by planning, organizing, and directing the nursing functions of patients.
- Facilitate timely responses to patient telephone calls and messages.
- Clarify doctors’ recommendations for patient medications and directions for use; or changes made at time of patient appointment. Call in prescription refills as directed by the provider. Support patients and providers in the medication refill process. Notify patients when prescription orders are ready, faxed or submitted to pharmacy. Complete prior authorizations for medications
- Notify patient of test results when instructed to do so by provider by phone or letter.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Nursing to ensure that processes and procedures developed are "institutionalized" in the delivery of patient care
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse (R.N.) with valid, Arizona State license
- ADN, AAS degree required
- One year of nursing experience as an RN or LPN required
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Health Care Provider Level current
- Bilingual is a must
For more information, call Ren’e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x 116 and send your resume to Rene@apnusa.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.