We are in search of a RN with at least 2 years of Oncology experience and including at least 2-6 months infusion experience. All of this experience should include work experience in an outpatient setting. The qualified candidate needs to know all the Chemo drugs and how infusion works. You will not be doing or conducting infusion, but you should have some experience. You should be experienced with Chemotherapy and treatment plans.
What is great about this opportunity? :
- Here you will be working in a new state of the art cancer center due to open in April. Our client is eager to begin hiring staff who will start off working at their main hospital facility.
- Incredible benefits some of which include the following:
- You are eligible for medical, dental and vision coverage after 30 days
- You are 100 percent vested in matching contributions after 3 years. Our client matches 100 percent of the first 5 percent you elect to contribute. A Roth 401(k) feature is also available
- Flexible paid time off for personal time, holidays, vacation and incidental sick leave. Accrual earned based on length of service and actual hours worked. Accrual begins upon employment; use after 30 days of employment for qualified events.
- Educational assistance eligibility after 180 days of employment: Maximum assistance of $3,000 per year ($5,250 for BSN/MSN degrees). Award will be granted based on budgeted hours worked per week
- Free parking
- SALARY IS BASED ON YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
OUR CLIENT OFFERS SO MUCH MORE!
What is great about the area? So much!Not far from Washington DC and a train ride away from Baltimore, MD. The county our client is located in offers a magnet Housing program which included those in the healthcare industry. This program provides attractive, well-located, affordable RENTAL housing. (We can provide you with detailed info on this should you meet the qualifications of the job and if you are not already living in the area.)
Here is what the qualified candidate looks like:
- Minimum two years clinical experience, with experience in Hematology-Oncology, required.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing required.
- Chemotherapy Provider Course completion required.
- BSN required.
- Ability to obtain Oncology Nursing Certification (OCN) within two years required.
Preferred and a Plus if you have Knowledge of cancer chemotherapy and protocol research
Here is what a typical day will look like for you:
- patient education for the various chemo drugs that the patient to be taking. Individualized care.
- Queuing up all the orders in EPIC.
- assists the authorization team to ensure they have the clinical data needed.
- liaison between the physician/physician team, financial counseling team, infusion team, and pharmacy. Help physicians find support to get drug authorization.
- review the chemotherapy orders for accuracy and completeness as a double check prior to the start of therapy.
- The coordinator supervises, in close cooperation with the physician, outpatient chemotherapy for research protocol patients.
- It is important that the coordinator follows IV and oral treatment patients through the continuum of care to ensure compliance.
- Clinical expert-Provides articles of support for authorization for medication.
To learn more about this great opportunity, please email your resume to us along with your salary requirement.