Registered Nurse - Juvenile Corrections
The Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections (ADJC) is committed to providing the youth under our care and supervision with effective, efficient and high quality rehabilitative and transformative services in support of our vision, mission and values.
- Provides assessments and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Monitors patients' progress as appropriate and evaluates outcomes.
- Completes and processes all required documentation including plans and discharge planning in a comprehensive, objective and legible manner.
- Performs standard nursing procedures appropriate to patient needs.
- Administers medication and addresses other pharmacological needs as protocol dictates and performs basic intravenous and phlebotomy skills as required.
- Completes and processes all required documentation in a comprehensive, objective and legible manner.
- Participates in orientation and training of new employees, contract staff, students and others needed. Participates in meeting and special projects as requested.
- Functions as unit charge nurse as required. Identifies and fulfills educational needs to enhance nursing skills.
- Completes required classes and education credits. Maintains current BLS (CPR) certification.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement process.
- Organizes and maintains a clean, work environment in accordance with infection control standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To learn more, please contact Nick at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890.To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!
- Valid Arizona-issued driver’s license.
- Must possess a Registered Nursing license without restrictions in the State of Arizona or one of the states that participates in the Nurse Interstate Licensing Compact
- Current healthcare professional CPR card.
- Successful completion of a comprehensive background investigation, a post offer drug test and medical/physical examination.