Occupational Health Nurse (RN)
Austin, Texas, 30% Travel
The Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) is responsible for implementing preventative measures that ensure the health and safety for employees. The OHN will also be responsible for the coordination of Infection Prevention and Control including: identify, prevent, and control outbreaks of infection, creating infectious disease and communicable disease exposure plans, policies and processes.
Additional responsibilities include ensuring compliance with regulations in policy development and implementation, COVID response (processes and protocols) as well as on-going program refinement based on advances in the program. This position reports to the Director of Medical Services and “dotted-line” reports to the AVP of HR and serves as a member of the “Employee Health and Wellness Taskforce”.
- Develop and coordinate the infection prevention and control program in multiple facilities.
- Develop and implement infectious disease and occupational health plan, policies, and processes.
- Track, trend and analyze data related to the effectiveness infection control measures.
- Conduct research and develop communications related to effective infectious disease control measures.
- Create strategies and action plans for the prevention of outbreaks.
- Investigate possible outbreaks and identify the proper resources and actions in response to a communicable disease exposure.
- Develop and maintain a standardized TB Control Program for the organization.
- Directs and assist in preparing reports and statistical data for the infection control analysis of the programs Identify and implement the recommendations from Public Health Departments, CDC and ORR
- Participate in the development and delivery of on the job training for nurses, and medical staff as needed.
- Identify infection control equipment and supplies needed to maintain a safe environment for employees and the community.
- Maintain the vaccination data for all programs and ensure compliance with applicable policies and processes.
- Develop and implement the overall “Employee Health” strategy, programs and protocols in coordination with the AVP of HR and the “Employee Health and Wellness Taskforce”.
- Responsible for all employee-related COVID response requirements, protocols and processes related to “Employee Health”.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must be bilingual
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred from an approved Nursing program.
- Current unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) licensure for the State of Texas.
- 2 or more years of experience with at least one year working with a diverse employee population and children.
- Valid Drivers’ License
For more information, please call Laura at email@example.com or 602-788-5890.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!