endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
We are seeking an RF Test Engineer for our Automotive R&D team based in Southeast Michigan. You will be responsible for testing and evaluation of automotive antennas and related products; and assisting the Design Team with product development. You will be based in Brighton, MI.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- To perform laboratory and field testing of antennas and related products (such as amplifiers) for automotive applications in infotainment, telematics, and related communications protocols
- To maintain and operate an indoor anechoic testing facility and an outdoor vehicle test range
- To maintain and upgrade the software used to operate the test equipment
- To cooperate with other design engineers on-site and in other worldwide locations, in ensuring Amphenol’s designs meet all customer requirements for performance, reliability, safety, and cost
- To review customer technical specifications, design guidelines and related documents, and develop test routines to meet them
- To meet with customers and provide technical support as needed
- To fabricate test fixtures and other equipment as needed, with the assistance of other team members
- To assist the on-site engineering team with all aspects of customer technical support
- The ideal candidate has a degree in a relevant field. We are looking for a recognized professional with the following attributes:
- BSEE required. Advanced degree in electromagnetics preferred. Candidates with degrees in other engineering disciplines will be considered, if coupled with relevant experience in automotive RF.
- Two years of experience in antenna design.
- Experience in antenna technologies and applications specific to the automotive industry.
- Must have an understanding of electromagnetic theory, microwave and antenna design.
- Knowledge of AM/FM, SDARS, GNSS, RKE, 4G/5G LTE, 802.11, Bluetooth, DSRC, and C-V2X is preferred.
- Proficiency in MATLAB.
- Hands-on skill with FEKO antenna simulation tool (or related tools such as CST-MWS and HFSS) is preferred.
- Experience of tackling key technical problems or innovative designs independently.
- Proactive and self-motivated. Curiosity and sensitivity for science, technology and engineering are essential.
- This position will require a variety of skills and cover many varied tasks; therefore flexibility, an ability to work independently, and move "outside the comfort zone" will be essential to success.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.