OBJECTIVE: Support the Radio Systems Group in meeting or exceeding goals and objectives that align with the company’s overall strategic direction.
CORE RESPOSIBILITIES: include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide on-going technical support through installation, service, maintenance, and repair of VHF/UHF MHz analog, digital, and trunked dispatch consoles, repeaters, base stations, mobiles, portable subscriber units, TX combiners, RX multi-couplers, antennas systems, and other 2-way radio communication equipment consistent with manufacturer and company guidelines.
- Install cable, antenna, mobile, fixed radio, and all associated hardware consistent with project requirements and according to installation and safety standards.
- Works in conjunction with other technicians to gain knowledge and insight of all equipment;
- Ability to travel to customer locations for all necessary installation, service, and maintenance;
- Complete sales/service orders, order fulfillments, and other required work documents;
- Member of CEC 24/7 on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned by CEC Management.
POSITION RESULTS DESCRIPTION
- Safety violations - < 1
- Negative quality audits - < 2
- Utilization - > 90%
- Project Overages - < 10%
- High School Diploma
- 1 year experience with knowledge and understanding of two-way radio and communications systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of RF communications systems.
- Excellent customer service skills to deal with both external and internal customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups to resolve conflicts.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations well, and to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with personal computers.
- Ability to work in areas involving height is required.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some Heavy lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
“Essential duties and responsibilities” describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Pre-employment background investigation and drug screening required.
CEC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer