OBJECTIVE: Support the Radio Systems Group by installing, modifying and servicing various RF systems and equipment according to customer specifications and expectations.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide on-going technical support through installation, service, maintenance, and repair of; VHF/UHF MHz analog, digital, and trunked dispatch consoles, repeaters, base stations, mobiles, portable subscriber units, TX combiners, RX multi-couplers, antennas systems, and other 2-way radio communication equipment consistent with manufacturer and company guidelines
- Programming of new RF systems to meet business needs and customer expectations
- Install cable, antenna, mobile, fixed radio, and all associated hardware consistent with project requirements and according to installation and safety standards
- May also deconstruct installation sites as required
- Inventory and assemble parts prior to installation to ensure correct parts are available to complete project
- Works in conjunction with other service technicians to gain knowledge and insight of all equipment
- Work with customer IT departments to RF systems into existing network devices
- Determine customer requirements to assist in developing labor and cost estimates
- Travel to customer locations for all necessary installation, service, and maintenance
- Complete sales/service orders, order fulfillments, and other required work documents
- Accountable for repair cycle times, quality of installation, service, repair, and system maintenance
- Member of CEC’s 24/7 on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned by CEC Management.
- 3 years of experience with knowledge and understanding of two-way radio and communications systems. Will substitute 1 year of experience for a 2 year degree.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong problem solving with creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Prefer at least one vendor certification; Motorola, Kenwood, Harris, etc.
- Experience and/or knowledge of IT is a plus; networking, subnetting, etc.
- Knowledge of point to point microwave systems.
- Ability to travel for overnight projects as needed.
- Manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills to deal with both external and internal customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups to resolve conflicts.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations well, and to manage multiple tasks.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Heavy lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and troubleshooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.