BCTG’s direct pharmaceutical client is looking to hire a US or GC contractor for an Azure Administrator - Data Engineer. This is a critical role in IT supporting the Enterprise Data Warehouse platform and strategy. The role involves supporting high-profile strategic and operational initiatives by building, monitoring, and maintaining the solutions that support short and long-term data warehouse-related business initiatives. This position is responsible for the company’s Azure platform. The ability to analyze, design, test, and implement Azure data solutions that enable the business community to achieve its goals and objectives is critical to the success of this role.
9 months with a high possibility for extension - must be willing to support Pacific, Central, and Eastern time zones.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring success with Azure by enabling the business to utilize Azure in the most efficient manner
- Leading the technical vision while balancing business drivers and imperatives
- Implement, modify and support Data Ingestion projects initiated across the business systems landscape
- Designing, implementing, and supporting highly distributed applications demonstrating architectural skills to ensure availability and reliability.
- Working with end-to-end cloud technical architecture, solution deployment, and Azure Management
- Driving technical discussions with team members, leadership, and customers
- Understanding of Azure services and technologies - Resource Manager APIs and Deployment Methodologies, Application Services and Micro Services Patterns, Azure Compute, Storage and Networking, Azure Security and Identity, Azure Backup and Recovery, Container Services, Data Platform, Automation and Log Analytics, DevOps and/or GitHub
Certification(s) Preferred: Azure Admin Certification
Minimum 3-4 Years of Azure Experience in Data Integration platform on cloud
- Experience in ADLS, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL DB and Datawarehouse
- Have in-depth knowledge in ETL/ELT Processing
- Working experience of about 3-4 years in Data Ingestion projects in Azure environment
- Implementation of Azure cloud components - Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Analytics, Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Catalogue, Synapse etc…
- Experience with Python scripting, Spark SQL & PySpark
- Expertise in Data warehousing
- Have knowledge in Azure Storage services (ADLS, Storage Accounts)
- Pharmaceutical experience is a major plus