Company is currently seeking an experienced Quarry Supervisor to join the staff in managing the plant quarry. The Plant consists of a quarry, three rotary lime kilns, hydrators and bagging. The Quarry Supervisor will manage a crew of 7 employees, plant mobile equipment and the crushing plant. The Quarry Supervisor is responsible for safety, environmental compliance, and execution of the mine plan, quality/grade control and all aspects of quarrying for our limestone quarry.
The successful candidate will work closely with our central mining/geology group to develop, maintain and execute the mine plan. This individual will work closely with both the Kiln and Maintenance departments to ensure safety, quality and the highest possible equipment availability. The Quarry Supervisor will deliver measurable results in Safety/Environmental/Quality/Productivity and Financial performance through the effective and efficient use of people, resources and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The successful applicant is expected to take a hands-on approach and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environmental performance, quality, and efficiency in our drive to become World Class.
- Manage the activities of quarry production crews to meet established business and production objectives.
- Responsible for mobile equipment in the quarry.
- Effectively manage the day-to-day quarry work environment to ensure safety, environmental, regulatory and production targets are met.
- Ensure the stone feed to the Plant meets established quality standards, fully utilizing quality control systems and procedures.
- Interpret geological models, mine plans and stone chemistry to forecast to avoid limestone quality issues.
- Respond quickly to satisfy customer needs.
- Prepare the schedule and operating instructions for work areas to meet production and inventory levels throughout the operation.
- Requisition and schedule the necessary maintenance to keep equipment and facility in top condition to optimize production flow.
- Survey, stake and establish roads, ramps and new benches for mining areas.
- Develop annual operating and capital budget and manage quarry costs to budget.
- Work with our Corporate Mining and Geology group to develop and execute long and short-term mine plans.
- Ensure continual compliance with MSHA, ODNR and OEPA regulations.
- Maintain effective relationships and interface with customers, suppliers, local communities, local, state and federal governments, and Company’s Environmental and Mining and Geology services groups.
- Evaluate projects and equipment for continuous improvement including technical and financial recommendations for capital expenditures, equipment selection and replacement.
- Train, coach and develop plant employees to perform at their highest level.
- Actively support and lead Company initiatives including the Operating Rhythm, safety initiatives, environmental programs and the Company Maintenance and Production Uptime Strategy (MAPUS) initiative and vision.
- Ensure daily site inspection of workplace areas and high walls are carried out for ground control and safety compliance.
- Adhere to the strictest safety procedures and make recommendations for improvements when necessary.
- Perform on-call duties in rotation with leadership team, if implemented. Additional work hours will be required, from time to time, outside of the normal work week.
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven team building and solid leadership skills.
- Self-directed, results oriented and highly motivated requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Bachelor of Science in Mining engineering or Geological Sciences preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of five years of practical experience in managing all aspects of quarrying with proven experience in leadership and interpersonal skills including influence, motivation, and employee performance reviews and managing personnel matters.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), people skills (ability to coach and motivate), organizational skills, analytical and decision making and an understanding of financial analysis and capital budgeting.
- Strong mining and interpretive skills to solve problems and ensure consistent quality of stone feed.
- A high level of computer skills (JDE, Excel and MSOffice