Our client company, a cement industry leader, has an immediate opportunity for a Quarry Manager.This position is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to grow their career with an industry leader in the aggregate and cement industry.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quarry Manager is responsible for overseeing the contractors in the quarry and the supervision of personnel in the daily operations of the quarry and yard services departments according to operating principles, company policies and procedures.
- Manage the quarry in all areas including production, maintenance, and quality control in a cost effective manner
- Develop and execute goals and objectives for the quarry and crushing plant
- Assess current reserves and develop short term plans and work together with the central mining division on developing long range mining plans
- Administer the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Company policies and procedures in conjunction with Human Resources and Management
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, performing training, monitoring compliance, etc.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program by suggesting changes in routines, personnel, equipment improvement and process improvement and encouraging report to do the same
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) from four-year College or university related to mining or quarrying or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of direct management experience
- Prior experience with quarry budgets, mobile equipment management, and capital project desired
- Ability to read, to analyze, and to interpret geological maps, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to develop and execute mining plan based on production forecast
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work with teams and people