Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Technician
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 38 hours per week over 5 days ( Mon - Thurs 07:30-16:00 / Fri 07:30 - 13:30) or 34.5 hours per week 24-6 days ( Sun-Mon-Tue / Wed-Thurs-Fri 07:00 - 19:00 on a 4 week rotation)
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The jobholder is responsible for the verification of products in accordance with the customer’s condition of supply and relevant specifications.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To carry out all inspections such as first off, last off, incoming and outgoing goods, of detailed parts, assemblies and documentation in a timely and efficient manner, using mechanical or electronic measuring equipment and CMM.
- Responsible for verifying components meet specification and customer requirements using detailed drawings, the customer’s condition of supply, company procedures and layouts.
- Final release of parts to customer including raising and signing certificates of conformity.
- Action and complete First and Last Article Inspection reports as per customer requirements.
- Be responsible for signing internal purchase orders for treatment processes.
- Responsible for the non – conformance process. Interface with customers, suppliers and personnel on quality requirements and non-conformances. This includes reporting all component and documentation non-conformances using the appropriate documents and forms to the Quality Engineer who will cascade to the relevant Team Leader and Supervisor.
- Complete Production Orders and associated documents in relation to the component being Inspected/Released and maintaining relevant records. Verify that documents have been completed correctly by other employees and provide necessary feedback and training when required.
- Ensure the equipment being used is in calibration, accurate and fit for purpose and it is their responsibility to notify the relevant person/department if this is not the case.
- Update the Departmental cell board by updating it/providing information that is requested on it.
- Actively support and contribute to the continuous improvement programme and lean manufacturing projects such as applying the principles of 6S and Kanban to their work area and take responsibility for maintaining their own waste management.
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce, including but not limited to the operation and logistic teams.
- Work with a minimum amount of supervision and maintain good level of productivity.
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with company Health & Safety policy. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur.
- May occasionally be required to represent the company at external audits and customer liaisons.
- Must have served an engineering apprenticeship with a minimum qualification of HNC/HND in an engineering discipline.
- AS9100 Auditor (preferable but not essential)
- Six Sigma experience (preferable but not essential)
- Lean Manufacturing experience (preferable but not essential)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position within the aerospace or automotive industry sectors.
- Numerate, literate, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, FAI.
The jobholder will require a fair level of IT skills including basic understanding of Microsoft applications such as spreadsheet construction, and the creating of word documents. There is also a requirement to use manufacturing integrated systems (MRP).
The job requires the individual to have a high level of proficiency and communication skills.
The post holder in most cases should have been certified to operate Electronic (CMM) measuring equipment and software.
The job holder will be experienced in AS9100 and preferably be skilled as an internal auditor against this standard.
The job requires good communications ability for the purpose of providing, giving and exchanging information to other employees, departments and people external to the organisation.
Personably, organised with the ability to multi-task and deliver to agreed timescales.
Work well within a team environment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!