This is your chance to live and work in the Okanagan! Our client has been a fixture in this area, bringing delicious fresh fruits to tables for over 80 years. Their brand guarantees flavourful food grown close to home using natural and sustainable methods.
Quality is equally important to our client, their growers, and your palate. As the Quality Standards (QS) Manager, you will maintain fruit quality standards – from the grower through receiving, storage, packing, and shipping. In doing so, you will work closely with each grower while managing a team, both full-time and seasonal. In addition, to ensure supply, you will acquire and communicate accurate and timely crop estimates.
Success-focused experience and education criteria include:
- Advanced horticultural practices
- Food Safe requirements
- Produce Market knowledge
- Financial reporting
- Leadership skills
- B.Sc Degree in Agriculture or Horticulture
- Ag designation preferred
- Pesticide applicators license preferred
- 5+ years’ horticultural experience
- 5+ years’ quality management system and process experience
- Legal authorization to work in Canada
Does this sounds like you?
As the Quality Standards (QS) Manager, your key areas of impact will include
- Analyze and evaluate information gathered from the growers and QS departments. Advise on potential action plans required to deal with various challenges that could occur.
- Prudently and effectively oversee and manage the QS Department budgets, revenue, and expenditures. Manage and maintain QS Department purchases
- Manage, direct, supervise, and train all QS Department staff to meet/exceed day-to-day activities and annual goals
- Coordinate and manage the QS personnel in field. Ensure consistent communication with growers regarding fruit quality deficits and improvement, harvest maturity standards, crop estimate receipts and accuracy, variety planning, spray records, and horticultural recommendations to achieve highest fruit quality.
- Coordinate and manage grower meetings, as required/requested
- Problem solve solutions to fruit quality issues from orchard to market
- Prepare and coordinate newsletter articles related to quality issues
- Regularly communicate data, results, and reports to senior management
- Ensure all stakeholders, internally and externally, receive communication as required.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally might like more information on, feel free to apply directly or contact email@example.com to confidentially establish your interest and your intent to proceed. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to help with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online