Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga has an exciting new opportunity for a Quality Representative. The purpose of this position is to ensure supplier approvals & maintenance of supplier records. The successful incumbent will also liaison with suppliers in regard to quality related topics on supplier products and/or services.
- Represent Magellan Aerospace Mississauga QMS and address quality related actions with suppliers and customers.
- Evaluate supplier processes and inspection methods against applicable drawings, specifications and quality standards.
- Assist and support suppliers with Source Substantiation Approvals, FAIR, CofC, and applicable inspection/test reports and provide guidance.
- Manage supplier DR’s and RCCA investigations
- Review and approve supplier purchase orders and release supplier parts.
- Evaluate, audit suppliers and maintain approved supplier database.
- Review and manage customer requests.
- Interact with internal departments.
- Review and analyze data, prepare QA reports, and maintain records.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree/ College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Aerospace Quality experience
- Thorough knowledge of aerospace quality standards, drawings, specifications, inspection methods and testing.
- Familiar with machining, fabricating, materials and special processes.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Candidates who are chosen for the position will need to pass a security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program and obtain and maintain a Contract Security clearance at the Reliability Status level.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)