Responsible for providing process planning, manufacturing, inspection and other functions with initial and in- process corrective action controls to ensure optimum quality of manufactured products; act for Company on Quality Control matters affecting Customer’s acceptance of products; assign and check the work of juniors.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Flexible work hours
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Determine adequacy of process planning, tooling and fixtures, design, inspection media and techniques, manufacturing machinery and processing equipment to provide for optimum quality of end products. Carry out investigations in design, planning, manufacturing, inspection and other functions to identify quality problems related to all manufacturing operations which may create or have created discrepancies. Evaluate and conclude necessary corrective action and ensure introduction of corrective measures with least possible delay for such conditions as impractical drawing requirements, necessity for modifications to product, tool and fixture design, changes in manufacturing methods, procedures, processes, operation sequences, inspection media, inspection techniques and frequency of inspection checks, etc. Maintain all necessary follow up to ensure technical directions are provided at all times.
• Act as Company representative with Customer to gain acceptance and easements and design and/ or process changes, which are inherent in Customer’s specifications, drawings, and like documentation.
• Prepare inspection facilities, cost estimates, layouts, and other data to support proposals to reduce costs, provide for purchase of more efficient equipment, and/ or more efficient use of existing equipment and facilities.
• Prepare all necessary reports, graphs, charts, inspection planning sheets, etc.
• Assign and check the work of juniors.
• ** May be required to perform the duties of the Senior Quality Assurance Auditor
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities!