Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill is a world-class manufacturer of precision machined aerospace components, we have an opening for a Quality Mechanical Inspector.
The successful incumbent will be required to perform mechanical and visual checks on manufactured parts in compliance with customer specifications. The Quality Inspector will be expected to use various inspection techniques to obtain certain measurements.
- Perform dimensional checks using surface plate, CMM and comparator while utilizing work instructions
- Must have experience using various hand tools such as calipers, micrometer, height gages, pin gages, indicators, dial calipers, Vernier calipers and bore gages
- Experience with run-out stands, rubber molds, 0-1 mics
- Ability to interpret customer specifications
- Report and record inspection result on inspection sheet
- Discuss inspection results with part responsible engineer
- Create NCMR’s on any non-conforming part
- Communicate with Engineering of any issues with work instructions or inspection methods
- Assist in developing a culture of Quality and Excellence through effective engagement in continuous improvement activities
- Minimum High School Diploma
- 1-2 years’ experience performing dimensional inspections
- Strong mechanical inspection background
- Experience with GD&T
- Blueprint reading
- PC-DEMIS experience is a plus
- Must show mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and self-starter
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)