Reporting to the Quality Director, this role is responsible for maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) to drive product quality, standards compliance and customer satisfaction. The Quality Engineer will integrate regulations, corporate Standards, Processes and Guidelines within the companies QMS to facilitate consistent deployment of company operational, analytical, performance and improvement goals. The individual will also perform periodic audits of the QMS to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
Quality Manager I Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes quality standards by analyzing customer requirements
- Ensures all customer product quality incidents have root causes identified and controlled
- Establishes product inspection standards by studying process control
- Manage all Raw Material Quality Inspections
- Manage the site QC Lab. Conduct routine and non-routine QC testing. Maintain all lab supplies for the main QC lab and the production QC labs. Responsible for the Quality Analysts who reports to the Process Engineer.
- Leads Corrective and Preventative Action documentation and response, including leading the site in the discipline of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action Planning.
- Maintains the company Quality Management System
- Facilitates process mapping and FMEA sessions and Gage R&Rs with operations team
- Performs quality audits and develops scorecards
- Establishes standards for the disposition of finished product by following tests methods and procedures
- Establishes rework standards by analyzing inspection results and physical testing methods and procedures
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
- Serves as the subject matter expert in EXP (corrective action reporting software) and NWA (Quality test data)
Quality Engineer I Job Requirements:
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related STEM field(s)
- 3+ years within a Manufacturing Environment
- Experience operating and manipulating a QMS (Quality Management System)
- Experience with Statistical Process control
- Minimum six sigma green belt preferred
- Experience in implementing a quality management system is a plus
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel throughout the facility.
- On-call for Quality related production issues.
Bachelors or better in Chemical Engineering or related field.
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
3 years: Manufacturing Experience